Free the Powder® was born from our dream to make warmer, tougher premium quality ski gloves for the rigors of backcountry use, Ski Patrol, or the family ski day.
I’m a backcountry skier who gets cold hands easily, which means I need really warm hand protection that also provides excellent dexterity for handling gear. The problem is, warmth and dexterity are on opposite ends of glove design.
So, after 40 years in ski country as a ski racer, backcountry ski bum, mountain worker and climber I set out to find a solution to this problem.
Now, with the help of a small team of designers, leatherworkers, and a group of dedicated skiers and Ski Patrol, we have found a solution to the problem, and are proud to offer you Free the Powder Gloves.
Chase & Shannon Stewart -Founders
More about us:
- What makes our gloves different?
- About Us: Our Mission
- Our Ski Glove Design Philosophy
- How we offer such discounts
- About Us: an interview with our founder
- Designer's Corner Blog
- Customer Reviews of FTP Gloves
- Press Reviews of FTP Gloves
- The story of the Free the Powder Logo
- Mascot Story "Thurman the Ermine"
- Photo & Film Gallery