We are confident that no prominent ski glove company has a smaller carbon footprint than Free the Powder.
It is our policy to:
- Make premium quality gloves that are highly durable and built to last longer than most other gloves. A long product life reduces the consumption of raw materials and lowers the impact on the environment. We strongly encourage our customers to take care of their gloves and maximize their usable life with our all-natural leather treatment.
- Most gloves we sell have removable / replaceable liners. That allows our customers to replace the liners ONLY when the liners wear out and NOT the whole glove.
- Minimize our warehouse square footage for maximum resource efficiency.
- Batch our US Postal pickups to minimize our travel and use of resources.
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Use of as much recyclable shipping materials as we can.
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company.
- Keep energy usage low, low, low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs, minimized warehouse / office square space, minimized commute distances, work-from-home telecommuting, and batched Postal pickups.
- Reuse of as much material as possible.