Baldy Mittens - Factory Seconds
- If you have longer fingers go with the larger size.
- If you have short or normal fingers go with the smaller size.
- If you like a roomier glove that will pack out less and be a bit warmer (more space for your hand to breathe), go with the larger size.
- If you like a glove that will break in more for optimum dexterity go with the smaller size.
- Most customers generally prefer the larger size.
A note about Free the Powder Gloves
Free the Powder gloves are made from soft cowhide leather and flexible, stretch softshell so they will break in more than most ski gloves. The leather is very grippy, so dexterity will not be adversely impacted by gloves that are a bit roomy. Our founder and head designer's original vision was a glove that could be warmer (and roomier) and still allow him to manipulate backcountry gear.
Please select all options.
Inventory of Factory Seconds is limited. These 2nds possess imperfections. All closeout sales final.
The Baldy is our classic all-leather short-cuff mitten with a fixed liner.
- OUTER MATERIALS – this plush all-leather mitten is made from premium soft cowhide, and reinforced with an extra layer of leather, covering the high wear areas. The shorter cuff is made of neoprene and designed to be worn under your jacket sleeves.
- POLAR LINING – the fixed (sewn-in) liner is made super warm without compromising dexterity. We use fleece and Breathefil™, our dense, highly breathable proprietary insulation (300 grams). Highly breathable gloves minimize hand sweating, the prime cause of cold hands and decreased dexterity.
- Wrist glove leashes