Past Season MXP Glove
- If you have longer fingers go with the larger size.
- If you have short or normal fingers go with the smaller size.
- If you like a roomier glove that will pack out less and be a bit warmer (more space for your hand to breathe), go with the larger size.
- If you like a glove that will break in more for optimum dexterity go with the smaller size.
- Most customers generally prefer the larger size.
Women have lower mean hand temperature than men. So we employ a unique sizing strategy for women - we don't make narrower, more constrictive women's-specific models (like most ski glove companies) but offer unisex sizing on all models that are a bit roomier. That slight extra width space is essential for maximum warmth for women. (This is how we've developed such a strong warmth reputation with women.)
A note about Free the Powder Gloves
Free the Powder gloves are made from soft cowhide leather and flexible, stretch softshell so they will break in more than most ski gloves. The leather is very grippy, so dexterity will not be adversely impacted by gloves that are a bit roomy. Our founder and head designer's original vision was a glove that could be warmer (and roomier) and still allow him to manipulate backcountry gear.
Please select all options.
Permanently sold out. Check out the current version of this model
Free the Powder® makes the most affordable, premium quality glove for mountain biking. Our super-light, highly breathable mountain biking gloves are designed to provide best-possible grip and fit with an easy-on easy-off wrist closure . We left out all unnecessary bells & whistles that compromise the performance of other gloves. Our MXP gel-padded glove features:
- Full-fingered palm made from premium synthetic leather, with just the right amount of gel-padding on the palms to keep your hands cool and comfy during epic rides.
- Ultra-breathable, wicking 4-way stretch mesh upper for best-possible fit, grip and dexterity. We extend the stretch mesh across the thumb to optimize fit.
- Easy-on Easy-off Velcro® wrist closure. We make the wrist opening wider to make our gloves easier to put on and take off. The first time you try them on you will be convinced.
- Silicone strips on the index and middle fingers for precise grip during braking.