Our Polar Mittens are designed to keep you on the mountain when everyone else is heading for the lodge.
Premium cowhide leather, ultra-breathable 4-Way stretch softshell, and 300+ grams Breathefil™ combine to make a super toasty mitt. These formidable, highly breathable mittens deliver maximum comfort in the coldest conditions.
- FINEST LEATHER –we use premium cowhide leather that is tanned and treated to be plush soft and highly water-resistant.
- SOFTSHELL –waterproof and ultra-breathable.
- FIXED LINER –made from super-soft fleece and 300+ grams Breathefil™, our proprietary insulation that maximizes breathability and minimizes hand sweating -the prime cause of cold hands.
- Gauntlet Storm Cuff with cinch cord closure
- Wrist glove leashes
- Soft microfiber thumb
- Direct pricing
- FREE same-day domestic shipping & exchanges
The concept of Free the Powder
Take your average premium brand ski glove and make these changes:
- Make the leather thicker and softer to make them tougher with better dexterity.
- Add an over-sized reinforcement patch that protects all high-wear areas of the palm to make them last longer.
- Change the shell material to one that is more breathable, improving versatility.
- Add more insulation that breathes better to make the gloves warmer.
- Switch to materials that stretch and break-in for better fit and dexterity.
- Lower the price by selling direct online.
Learn all about us
My hands are usually cold so I wear mittens most of the time. On this design, I kept it really simple: fixed liner stuffed with 300+ grams of insulation, all black and an easy-on, easy-off gauntlet storm cuff. Like always, I am very concerned about trapped moisture (sweat) causing cold hands, so I used highly breathable Breathefil insulation, fleece lining, and ultra-breathable 4-way stretch softshell. But in a complete departure from everyone else’s “Polar Mittens”, I incorporated the characteristics that I require for my backcountry ski life: plush soft cowhide leather that’s super tough and double-reinforced in the palm. Everybody needs a pair of mittens like these for the nasty cold days that send everyone to the lodge.
Chase Stewart –Founder