With elegant simplicity, the Baldy is our classic all-leather ski mitten.
Premium cowhide leather and 200+ grams Breathefil™ combine to make a mitten that's uniquely warm, dexterous, durable, and weather-resistant. These classic, highly breathable multi-use mittens deliver maximum functionality, comfort and style in a wide range of conditions.
- FINEST LEATHER –we use premium cowhide leather that is tanned and treated to be plush soft and highly water-resistant.
- FIXED LINER –made from super-soft fleece and 200 grams Breathefil™, our proprietary insulation that maximizes breathability and minimizes hand sweating -the prime cause of cold hands.
- Neoprene short-cuff with Velcro® closure
- Wrist glove leashes
- Direct pricing
- FREE same-day domestic shipping & exchanges
The concept of Free the Powder
Take your average premium brand ski glove and make these changes:
- Make the leather thicker and softer to make them tougher with better dexterity.
- Add an over-sized reinforcement patch that protects all high-wear areas of the palm to make them last longer.
- Change the shell material to one that is more breathable, improving versatility.
- Add more insulation that breathes better to make the gloves warmer.
- Switch to materials that stretch and break-in for better fit and dexterity.
- Lower the price by selling direct online.
Learn all about us
All of our mittens are designed and made for the rigors of my backcountry ski life, including supple soft, yet super tough premium cowhide leather that’s double-reinforced in the palm, and stuffed with more insulation than most ski gloves - making them really warm and tough. But in this design I wanted to take all of the backcountry/mountain work mitten traits, and incorporate them into a mitt that has an elegant, clean look. Most mittens made with a sense of style -that look great with any ski clothing combination- have a high price tag without the quality, toughness and warmth that even the most discerning skier requires. These are my favorite every-day mittens for resort skiing.
Chase Stewart –Founder