Original RX Glove
- If you have longer fingers go with the larger size.
- If you have short or normal fingers go with the smaller size.
- If you like a roomier glove that will pack out less and be a bit warmer (more space for your hand to breathe), go with the larger size.
- If you like a glove that will break in more for optimum dexterity go with the smaller size.
- Most customers generally prefer the larger size.
Women have lower mean hand temperature than men. So we employ a unique sizing strategy for women - we don't make narrower, more constrictive women's-specific models (like most ski glove companies) but offer unisex sizing on all models that are a bit roomier. That slight extra width space is essential for maximum warmth for women. (This is how we've developed such a strong warmth reputation with women.)
A note about Free the Powder Gloves
Free the Powder gloves are made from soft cowhide leather and flexible, stretch softshell so they will break in more than most ski gloves. The leather is very grippy, so dexterity will not be adversely impacted by gloves that are a bit roomy. Our founder and head designer's original vision was a glove that could be warmer (and roomier) and still allow him to manipulate backcountry gear.
Please select all options.
We have a couple pairs of XL left.
Our RX Glove features a longer storm cuff, Primo™ Leather palms with reinforcement patch, waterproof ultra –breathable 4-way stretch softshell, removable liners with 200 grams Breathefil™ insulation and numerous reinforcements throughout the glove. Features:
- Primo™ Leather is Free the Powder’s special formula, drum dyed cowhide proofed leather. It is tanned to make this leather soft, supple, and luxurious for optimized grip and dexterity. In addition, we add a reinforcement patch to protect all high-wear areas of the palm.
- Water-proof and ultra-breathable 4-Way stretch softshell material. Our softshell material is a woven nylon fabric that is strong, highly durable, quick drying, and most importantly, much more breathable than the hardshell nylon used in most ski gloves. The more breathable, the more temperature versatile your gloves will be.
- Removable Liner with super-soft fleece and insulated with 200 grams Breathefil™, Free the Powder’s special blend of synthetic fibers that maximizes breathability and minimizes hand-sweats - the prime cause of cold hands. A better design, easy-in, easy-out for maximum versatility.
- Reinforcements throughout the gloves.
- Longer, gauntlet-style storm cuff for a perfect seal in the harshest weather.
- Glove leashes (aka wrist loops, retention straps) so you don’t lose a glove when removing a glove on the chairlift or climbing.
- Soft micro-fiber on back-of-the-thumb to wipe your nose.
- Direct pricing. No retail markup.
- Free shipping.