Contact Us - FAQs - Customer Service
The best way to reach us the FASTEST is to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
Shipping & Returns
- ◄When will my order ship?
Within 24 hours (Monday-Friday). We also offer same-day guaranteed Priority Service for an upgraded charge of $8.95 (Order by 1 PM MST M-F). Once shipped, the order will arrive in 1-5 days, depending on your location and shipping option. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄How do I exchange sizes?
We offer one free size exchange for domestic US shipping. The ski gloves must be in their original unused new condition, with tags attached. Contact us and we will email you a pre-paid USPS return label that you will print, attach to the original packaging and drop in the mail. Once we receive the gloves, we will send you the proper fitting size.
Or just send them to us at:
Free the Powder
P.O. Box 980880
Park City, UT 84098
Please include a note informing us what size you need.
Please see our Returns & Exchanges information page.
- ◄How do I return the gloves I purchased?
To make returns easier, we offer a flat-rate USPS shipping label for $6.95. If you purchased multiple pairs for size comparison, we offer the label complimentary. The ski gloves must be in their original unused new condition, with tags attached. Contact us and we will email you the pre-paid label that you will print, attach to the original packaging and drop in the mail. The flat-rate shipping label will be deducted from your refund. Once we receive the gloves, we will process your refund within a few days.
Or just send them to us at:
Free the Powder
Park City, UT, 84098
- Please see our Returns & Exchanges information page.
- ◄Can I exchange/return in-person?
- Sorry, but no. We are a mail order company. This is how we can offer such deep discounts. Our local shipping and exchanges are free.
- ◄How much do you charge for shipping?
- Ski gloves ship for FREE to domestic US locations via USPS. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄I don't get mail at my address. What do I do?
Find the address of your local US Postal Service facility and use their address with the deliver to name: GENERAL DELIVERY [Your Name]
[Street address of local post office]
[City], [State], [Zip Code]
The package can then be picked up at the counter of that Post Office facility.
- ◄Can you ship to a hotel or rental property?
- Yes, as long as the hotel or rental property manager receives US Mail. Use the mailing address of the hotel or rental property manager, C/O your name and room number if you have it. We also recommend alerting them that a package addressed in your name is inbound.
- ◄Do you offer guaranteed Next Day Shipping?
Yes. We offer guaranteed next day domestic US shipping service via Fedex Overnight for $89.95. Order by 1 PM MST Mon-Fri. To select, add the following item to cart and checkout with your selections: FedEx Overnight Shipping Upgrade
- ◄How long will it take to receive my gloves?
- Your order will arrive in 1-5 days, depending on your location and shipping option. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄Do you ship internationally?
- Yes. We ship to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, UK, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Please see our International Sales information page.
- ◄Where do I find the tracking number for my order?
- It was sent to the email address you provided at checkout and was sent by stamps.com
Sizing & Fit
- ◄What size should I get?
- See our Size Chart and Sizing FAQS information page for best advice.
- ◄Between sizes?
- If you have longer fingers go with the larger size.
- If you have short or normal fingers go with the smaller size.
- If you like a bit roomier glove that will pack out less and be a bit warmer (more space for hand to breathe), go with the larger size.
- If you like a glove that will break in more for optimum dexterity go with the smaller size.
- For optimum long term fit new gloves should be slightly snug. If you think they may be too big, they are probably too big.
- ◄How does the current sizing compare to earlier models?
- Our original models, Long Cuff Glove, Short Cuff Glove and Ski Mitten tended to run smaller. New models run true to size.
- ◄Who is Free the Powder?
- We are a ski glove maker that sells our premium quality gloves direct, exclusively on this website. We were founded in Park City, Utah in 2013 with the goal of making warmer, drier, tougher, affordable gloves for backcountry skiers and Ski Patrol. Learn all about us
- ◄What makes Free the Powder Gloves different?
- We make warmer, tougher, more dexterous ski gloves and charge lower prices through our direct-to-consumer model. Please see our What makes us different information page.
- ◄How do you charge such low prices?
- We sell direct-to-consumer, removing the middle-men. Learn more about our business model
Where to buy
- ◄ Where can I buy your gloves?
- Right here! We are an exclusive mail order company. We make 'em and we sell 'em. This allows us to offer our premium ski gloves at such great prices. Our shipping and exchanges are free.
- ◄I'm in Utah, can I stop by and try gloves on, exchange sizes, pick-up locally?
- Sorry, but no. We are a mail order company. Our local shipping and exchanges are free. This is how we can offer such deep discounts.
Warmth and help deciding on which model to choose
- ◄What are your warmest gloves?
- That can be a difficult, subjective question to answer, depending on an individual's personal characteristics. Everyone's metabolism, blood circulation and tolerances to various conditions are different. Please see our head designer's post on this subject.
- ◄Which FTP model of glove or mitten is right for me?
- We have created a guide to assist you in choosing the best glove / mitten option. Please see Which FTP glove is for you?
- ◄Do your gloves come with a warranty?
- Yes. For the original buyer from freethepowder.com we guarantee our merchandise to be free of manufacturing defects for 1-Year after purchase. Please see our Warranty information page.
- ◄Do you offer discounts for resort employees?
- Yes. At Free the Powder we consider ourselves the unofficial glove of ski resort employees, Ski Patrol, and ski instructors. We were founded to make a better priced ski glove for Ski Patrol. But we have even better deals for resort employees: Send us an email with a photo of your employee pass and we will send you our Pro Form information. (hint-hint, we're less than half the price of other top brands). Please see our Resort Employee Discount information page.
- ◄When should I apply FTP Leather Treatment?
- Leather treatment should be used regularly when the leather is exposed to wet/dry cycles or it will become noticeably dry (usually 2-3 times per winter). If you would like to enhance the grip and water-resistance of the leather you should treat new gloves as soon as you receive them.
- ◄How should I dry my gloves?
- Air dry your gloves or mittens at room temperature after every use. DO NOT USE HEAT. No clothes dryers, no heaters, no open flames, no radiators. Learn more at our Drying Ski Gloves information page.
- ◄How should I care for the premium leather on my gloves?
- Please see our Leather Care information page.
- ◄Do you have advice for choosing the right glove or mitten?
- Yes. We have written extensively and posted an enormous amount of content on this website regarding ski glove design. Please see our Ski Glove Buyer's Guide.
- ◄I Pre-Ordered my gloves. When will I get them?
- Please see our Pre-Order information page.
- ◄I tried to use a pre-paid Visa or Amex gift card and it was declined. Why?
- This is a common issue online. This type of gift card requires registration with name and address. Please contact the gift card issuer for further instructions.
- ◄What is a Factory Second?
- Factory Second gloves may possess slight blemishes and imperfections. The cosmetic imperfections do not affect the performance, fit or durability of the gloves. They are sold without a warranty. They come in limited sizes and quantities, and usually sell out fast. No returns or exchanges. All sales final.
- ◄What is the animal on the logo patch?
- An ermine. Learn all about this magical woodland creature.
- ◄Where are your gloves made?
- We have family friends in Pakistan that own a leather products company. It is in a region that supplies much of the World's best quality leather.
- ◄What are the dimensions and weight of your gloves
- Please see our Dimensions & Weight Page
Unisex sizing. Free the Powder Gloves
have a fairly standard initial fit, but our
gloves are made with all-stretchable
materials so they break-in and conform
to your hand like no other ski glove.
Sizing FAQs Page