Contact Us - FAQs - Customer Service
The best way to reach us the FASTEST is to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Shipping & Returns
- ◄When will my order ship?
- Within 24 hours (Monday-Friday). Once shipped, the order will arrive in 1-5 days, depending on your location and shipping option. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄How do I exchange sizes?
If your new unused ski gloves are the wrong size for you, send us an email at email@example.com. We offer one free size exchange for domestic US shipping (non-sale gloves). The ski gloves must be in their original unused new condition, with tags attached. We will email you a pre-paid USPS return label that you will print, attach to the original packaging and drop in the mail. Once we receive the original unused pair of gloves with new tags attached, we will send you the proper fitting size. Please see our Returns & Exchanges information page.
- ◄How do I return the gloves I purchased?
If you would like to return your new unused ski gloves, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ski gloves must be in their original unused new condition, with tags attached. We are happy to email you a pre-paid USPS return label that you will print, attach to the original packaging and drop in the mail. We will deduct a $5 shipping label charge from your refund. You are also free to return the item via your own shipping courier. Once we receive the original unused pair of gloves with new tags attached, we will process your refund ASAP, usually within a few days. Please see our Returns & Exchanges information page.
- ◄How much do you charge for shipping?
- Ski gloves ship for FREE to domestic US locations. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄How long will it take to receive my gloves?
- Your order will arrive in 1-5 days, depending on your location and shipping option. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄Do you ship internationally?
- Yes. We ship to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, UK, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Please see our International Sales information page.
- ◄Where do I find the tracking number for my order?
- It was sent to the email address you provided at checkout and was sent by stamps.com
Where to buy
- ◄ Where can I buy your gloves?
- Right here! We are an exclusive mail order company. We make 'em and we sell 'em. This allows us to offer our premium ski gloves at such great prices. Our shipping and exchanges are free with same-day turnaround.
- ◄I'm in Utah, can I stop by and try gloves on, exchange sizes, pick-up locally?
- Sorry, but no. We are a mail order company. No exceptions. Our local shipping and exchanges are free with same-day turnaround. This is how we can offer such deep discounts.
Sizing & Fit
- ◄What size should I get?
- See our Size Chart and Sizing FAQS information page for best advice.
- ◄Between sizes?
- If you have longer fingers go with the larger size.
- If you have short or normal fingers go with the smaller size.
- If you like a bit roomier glove that will pack out less and be a bit warmer (more space for hand to breathe), go with the larger size.
- If you like a glove that will break in more for optimum dexterity go with the smaller size.
- For optimum long term fit new gloves should be slightly snug. If you think they may be too big, they are probably too big.
- ◄How does the current sizing compare to earlier models?
- Our original models, Long Cuff Glove, Short Cuff Glove and Ski Mitten tended to run smaller. New models run true to size.
- ◄How should my new gloves fit?
- Free the Powder Gloves are made with all-stretchable materials that are designed to break in over time to give you a custom-like fit. When first trying them on, they should feel somewhat snug. See our Size Chart and Sizing FAQS information page for best advice.
- ◄Who is Free the Powder?
- We are a ski glove maker that sells our premium quality gloves direct, exclusively on this website. We were founded in Park City, Utah in 2013 with the goal of making warmer, drier, tougher, affordable gloves for backcountry skiers and Ski Patrol. Learn all about us
- ◄What makes Free the Powder Gloves different?
- We make warmer, tougher, more dexterous ski gloves and charge lower prices through our direct-to-consumer model. Please see our What makes us different information page.
- ◄What is the animal on the logo patch?
- An ermine. Learn all about this magical woodland creature.
- ◄How do you charge such low prices?
- We sell direct-to-consumer, removing the middle-men. Learn more about our business model
- ◄Where are your gloves made?
- We have family friends in Pakistan that own a leather products company. It is in a region that supplies much of the World's best quality leather.
Warranty & Repair
- ◄Do your gloves come with a warranty?
- Yes. For the original buyer from freethepowder.com we guarantee our merchandise to be free of manufacturing defects for 1-Year. Please see our Warranty information page.
- ◄Can you repair my gloves?
- Yes. We repair items for free. Send them to us and we will repair them if we can. Please see our Warranty & Repair information page.
- ◄Do you offer discounts for resort employees?
- Yes. At Free the Powder we consider ourselves the unofficial glove of ski resort employees, Ski Patrol, and ski instructors. We were founded to make a better priced ski glove for Ski Patrol. But we have even better deals for resort employees: Send us an email with a photo of your employee pass and we will send you our Pro Form information. (hint-hint, we're less than half the price of other top brands). Please see our Resort Employee Discount information page.
- ◄When should I apply FTP Leather Treatment?
- Our leather treatment will enhance the softness and grip of the leather and improve its water-resistance. Leather treatment should be used regularly when the leather is exposed to wet/dry cycles or it will become noticeably dry.
- ◄How should I dry my gloves?
- Air dry your gloves or mittens at room temperature after every use. DO NOT USE HEAT. No clothes dryers, no heaters, no open flames, no radiators. Learn more at our Drying Ski Gloves information page.
- ◄How should I care for the premium leather on my gloves?
- Please see our Leather Care information page.
- ◄Do you have advice for choosing the right glove or mitten?
- Yes. We have written extensively and posted an enormous amount of content on this website regarding ski glove design. Please see our Ski Glove Buyer's Guide.
- ◄I Pre-Ordered my gloves. When will I get them?
- Please see our Pre-Order information page.
- ◄I tried to use a pre-paid Visa or Amex gift card and it was declined. Why?
- This is a common issue online. This type of gift card requires registration with name and address. Please contact the gift card issuer for further instructions.
- ◄What is a Factory Second?
- Factory Second gloves may possess slight blemishes and imperfections. The cosmetic imperfections do not affect the performance, fit or durability of the gloves. They are sold without a warranty. They come in limited sizes and quantities, and usually sell out fast. No returns or exchanges. All sales final.
- ◄What are the dimensions and weight of your gloves
- Please see our Dimensions & Weight Page
Unisex sizing. Free the Powder Gloves
have a fairly standard initial fit, but our
gloves are made with all-stretchable
materials so they break-in and conform
to your hand like no other ski glove.
Sizing FAQs Page