Customer Service - FAQs - Contact
For your convenience, we have compiled this comprehensive FAQs page. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
Shipping & Returns
- ◄When will my order ship?
Within 24 hours (Monday-Friday) via US Postal Service. Once shipped, the order will arrive in 1-5 days, depending on your location and shipping option. You will receive a tracking number sent from our Shipstation upon shipment. If you have a hard departure date for an upcoming ski trip we recommend choosing the Priority Option at checkout. Weather and other unforeseen logistical delays are possible with USPS and all courier services. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄How long will it take to receive my gloves?
- Your order will ship within 24 hours (Monday-Friday) via US Postal Service and will arrive in 1-5 days, depending on your location and shipping option. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄Need a different size?
We offer one free size exchange for domestic US shipping on ski gloves. New, unused ski gloves must be returned in the condition you received them and with the original box and/or packaging, including manufacturer tags where applicable. Contact us and we will email you a pre-paid USPS return label that you will print, attach to the original packaging and drop in the mail. Once we receive the gloves, we will send you the proper fitting size.
Please see our Returns information page.
- ◄How do I return the gloves I purchased for a refund?
To make returns easier, we offer a flat-rate USPS shipping label for $7. New, unused ski gloves must be returned in the condition you received them and with the original box and/or packaging, including manufacturer tags where applicable. Contact us and we will email you a pre-paid USPS return label that you will print, attach to the original packaging and drop in the mail. The flat-rate shipping label will be deducted from your refund. Once we receive the gloves, we will process your refund within 7 days.
Please see our Returns information page.
- ◄Can I return an item that has been worn?
- Sorry, but no. We accept new, unused ski gloves in the condition you received them and with the original box and/or packaging, including manufacturer tags where applicable.
- ◄Can I exchange/return in-person?
- Sorry, but no. We are a mail order company. This is how we can offer such deep discounts. Our local shipping and exchanges are free.
- ◄How much do you charge for shipping?
- Ski gloves ship for FREE to domestic US locations via USPS. Please see our Shipping information page.
- ◄Going on a ski trip. Will I get my order in time?
- If you have a hard departure date for an upcoming ski trip we recommend choosing the Priority Shipping Option at checkout. Weather and other unforeseen logistical delays are possible with USPS and all courier services.
- ◄I don't get mail at my address. What do I do?
Find the address of your local US Postal Service facility and use their address with the deliver to name: GENERAL DELIVERY [Your Name]
[Street address of local post office]
[City], [State], [Zip Code]
The package can then be picked up at the counter of that Post Office facility.
- ◄Can you ship to a hotel or rental property?
- Yes, as long as the hotel or rental property manager receives US Mail. Use the mailing address of the hotel or rental property manager, C/O your name and room number if you have it. We also recommend alerting them that a package addressed in your name is inbound.
- ◄Do you ship internationally?
- Yes. We ship to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. If you are located in another country, we recommend you use a Parcel Forwarding Service. Sign up for a free membership, which gives you a US address (we ship your order for free to that address). From there, you can ship to your location at discounted rates provided by the Parcel Forwarding Services. Please see our International Sales information page.
- ◄Where do I find the tracking number for my order?
- It was sent to the email address you provided at checkout and was sent by our Shipstation.
- ◄The tracking on my package says that it was delivered, but I did not receive it?
- Please wait for 36-48 hours before contacting us. The item may have been prematurely marked as delivered. This is not uncommon.
Sizing & Fit
- ◄What size should I get?
- See our Size Chart and Sizing FAQS information page for best advice.
- ◄Between sizes?
- If you have longer fingers go with the larger size.
- If you have short or normal fingers go with the smaller size.
- If you like a bit roomier glove that will pack out less and be a bit warmer (more space for hand to breathe), go with the larger size.
- If you like a glove that will break in more for optimum dexterity go with the smaller size.
- Most customers prefer the larger size.
- ◄Not sure about finger length?
- If you are particular about finger length, the only way to make a determination is to order two sizes and return one after trying them on side-by-side. Sending measurements has not proven to be helpful in the past due to the subjective nature of measuring glove finger length and the individual's perspective.
- ◄Not sure about the size of the gloves I received?
- Glove sizing is very personal to the individual. Some people like gloves that are roomy and big and others like gloves that are snug when new and not yet broken in. Only you can make sizing determination once you receive the gloves. We offer our Size Guide and Sizing FAQs for your assistance pre-purchase.
- ◄How does the current sizing compare to earlier models?
- New models run true to size. Our original models, Long Cuff Glove, Short Cuff Glove and Ski Mitten tended to run smaller. As did our Past Season BC Spring Glove.
- ◄Do you make kids sizes or Extra Small gloves?
- Sorry, but no. We are targeting our youth model collection release for next season.
- ◄Who is Free the Powder?
- We are a ski glove maker that sells our premium quality gloves direct, exclusively on this website. We were founded in Park City, Utah in 2013 with the goal of making warmer, drier, tougher, affordable gloves for backcountry skiers and Ski Patrol. Learn all about us
- ◄What makes Free the Powder Gloves different?
- We make warmer, tougher, more dexterous ski gloves and charge lower prices through our direct-to-consumer model. Please see our What makes us different information page.
- ◄How do you charge such low prices?
- We sell direct-to-consumer, removing the middle-men. Learn more about our business model
Where to buy
- ◄Where can I buy your gloves?
- Right here! We are an exclusive mail order company. We make 'em and we sell 'em. This allows us to offer our premium ski gloves at such great prices. Our shipping and exchanges are free.
- ◄I'm in Utah, can I stop by and try gloves on, exchange sizes, pick-up locally?
- Sorry, but no. We are a mail order company. Our local shipping and exchanges are free. This is how we can offer such deep discounts.
Warmth and help deciding on which model to choose
- ◄What are your warmest gloves?
- That can be a difficult, subjective question to answer, depending on an individual's personal characteristics. Everyone's metabolism, blood circulation and tolerances to various conditions are different. Please see our head designer's post on this subject.
- ◄Which model of glove or mitten is right for me?
- We have created a guide to assist you in choosing the best glove / mitten option. Please see Which of our gloves is right for you?
Warranty & Repair
- ◄Do your gloves come with a warranty?
- Yes. For the original buyer from freethepowder.com we guarantee our merchandise to be free of manufacturing defects for 1-Year after purchase. Please see our Warranty information page.
- ◄Do you offer discounts for resort employees?
- Yes. At Free the Powder we consider ourselves the unofficial glove of ski resort employees, Ski Patrol, and ski instructors. We were founded to make a better priced ski glove for Ski Patrol. But we have even better deals for resort employees: Send us an email with a photo of your employee pass and we will send you our Pro Form information. (hint-hint, we're less than half the price of other top brands). Please see our Resort Employee Discount information page.
- ◄When should I apply Free the Powder Leather Treatment?
- Leather treatment should be used regularly when the leather is exposed to wet/dry cycles or it will become noticeably dry (usually 2-3 times per winter). If you would like to enhance the grip and water-resistance of the leather you should treat new gloves as soon as you receive them.
- ◄How should I dry my gloves?
- Air dry your gloves or mittens at room temperature after every use. DO NOT USE HEAT. No clothes dryers, no heaters, no open flames, no radiators. Learn more at our Drying Ski Gloves information page.
- ◄How should I care for the premium leather on my gloves?
- Please see our Leather Care information page.
- ◄Why don't you have a customer service phone number?
- The costs associated with setting up and servicing a call center would force us to significantly increase our prices.
- ◄What is the difference between RX and RX Pro?
- There are several differences. Please see our page on the subject.
- ◄Do you have advice for choosing the right glove or mitten?
- Yes. We have written extensively and posted an enormous amount of content on this website regarding ski glove design. Please see our Ski Glove Buyer's Guide.
- ◄I Pre-Ordered my gloves. When will I get them?
- Please see our Pre-Order information page.
- ◄I tried to use a pre-paid Visa or Amex gift card and it was declined. Why?
- This is a common issue online. This type of gift card requires registration with name and address. Please contact the gift card issuer for further instructions.
- ◄What is a Factory Second?
- Factory Second gloves may possess slight blemishes and imperfections. The cosmetic imperfections do not affect the performance, fit or durability of the gloves. They are sold without a warranty. They come in limited sizes and quantities, and usually sell out fast. No returns or exchanges. All sales final.
- ◄What is the animal on the logo patch?
- An ermine. Learn all about this magical woodland creature.
- ◄Where are your gloves made?
- We have family friends in Pakistan that own a leather products company. It is in a region that supplies much of the World's best quality leather.
- ◄What are the dimensions and weight of your gloves
- Please see our Dimensions & Weight Page