How it all started
I’m a backcountry skier who gets cold hands easily, which means I need really warm hand protection that also provides excellent dexterity for handling gear. The problem is, warmth and dexterity are on opposite ends of the ski glove design spectrum.
So, after 40 years in ski country as a ski racer, backcountry ski bum, mountain worker and climber I set out to find a solution.
My wife Shannon and I founded Free the Powder in 2013 in Park City, Utah. With the commitment of a small team of designers, leatherworkers, and dedicated backcountry skiers and Ski Patrol, we solved the problem and are proud to offer you Free the Powder Gloves.
Chase & Shannon Stewart - Founders
More about us:
- What makes our gloves different?
- About Us: an interview with our founder
- Our Ski Glove Design Philosophy
- Designer's Corner Blog
- Ski Glove Buyer's Guide
- Learn everything about ski gloves
- How we offer such discounts
- Customer Reviews of FTP Gloves
- Press Reviews of FTP Gloves
- The story of the Free the Powder Logo
- Mascot Story "Thurman the Ermine"
- Photo & Film Gallery